ResponsivePics is a WordPress plugin that enables WordPress theme authors to automatically resize images* in responsive layouts.
- Saves bandwidth and lets your site load faster
- No need anymore for defining custom image sizes
- Adds retina support to your theme images
- Supports art-directed responsive images
- Supports image srcset & sizes attributes
- Supports aspect ratio based crops
- Supports LQIP (low quality image placeholder)
- Supports lazyloading
- Supports intrinsic ratio boxes
- With full REST API support
- Uses background processing for resizing and cropping images
ResponsivePics is useful when you have a responsive grid layout (like Bootstrap, but can be any framework) and need images to adapt to responsive designs. ResponsivePics automatically resizes and / or crops your uploaded media to fit your layouts.
* ReponsivePics does not handle images in the WordPress wysiwig editor, it’s only useful for theme authors that use images or photos in their themes. It automatically handles retina or hdpi images via media queries.
Star our Github repo: